Apple Crisp is one of my favorite desserts to make, it’s perfect for Fall, and the upcoming Holiday season. I could eat this recipe for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It seems to be the perfect compliment to everything.
My kids love to help me out in the kitchen, and this recipe is so perfect for families to get in the kitchen, and make together.
TRY THIS APPLE CRISP RECIPE RIGHT NOW
I start this recipe with 6 large Granny Smith Apples.
I peel, and slice the apples so that they are about the same size. To make it even easier, use an apple cutter, and simply cut that slice into two. Place them in a 9×13 baking pan.
Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt into a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the apples.
Then pour the water over the apples. This is the key to deliciousness.
In another bowl, mix the oats, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and melted butter together.
Crumble over the entire apple mixture. This is a fun task for little hands.
Bake for 40 min at 350, and let cool. Top with some vanilla ice cream, pecans or caramel to take it to another level, and Enjoy!
For more recipes, check out the “Perfect Apple Pie.”
If you enjoyed this recipe, I would appreciate if you would share it on social media. Thanks!!
The Best Apple Crisp
- 6 Large Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. In a mixing bowl, combine the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, salt, nutmeg, and ground cinnamon together, and distribute evenly over the apples.
- Pour the water over the apple mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and melted butter together.
- Crumble over the apple mixture evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes.