This recipe is one of my favorites to make and so easy. It’s kid-friendly and you can make it in a flash. We love it more than takeout and you will too! It’s crispy and the sauce is everything. Put this on your weekly rotation asap. Enjoy!
Super Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs; beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic
- 5 green onions; sliced
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
- Make your sauce by whisking together the sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, garlic, vinegar and ketchup. Set to the side.
- Dice your chicken into small cubes. In a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cornstarch and flour. Dip the chicken into the eggs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan. Cook chicken in batches, turning every 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to get rid of excess oil.
- Add chicken to the baking dish. Coat with the prepared sauce and mix together. Place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes. Top with green onions.