Southern Fried Fish
This is a super easy and delicious recipe for southern fried fish!
- 6 filets tilapia
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons season salt
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Mix all seasonings together and evenly coat fish on both sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and eggs.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and cornmeal.
- Dip the tilapia into the egg mixture and then into the dry mixture.
- Heat oil in a saucepan until very hot.
- Place 3 pieces of fish in the hot oil, and fry about 3 minutes on each side. (5 minutes if you like it crispy)
- Remove and drain on a few sheets of paper towel to remove any excess oil.
Hey guys! Here is another one of my favorite recipes. I make this southern fried fish recipe often for my family. It’s easy to throw together for a weeknight meal or for hosting a group of people. I personally like to use whiting or catfish, but you can use whatever type of fish you like. It can be made in small amount of time but, comes out like you slaved in the kitchen all day. If you are looking for a healthier version, feel free to throw it in the oven at 375° for 25-30 minutes(flipping half way through cook time). However, I do prefer the fried version and it’s quicker! I hope you enjoy it and I can’t wait to hear how your friends & family loved it! If your looking for other quick & easy recipes check out my My Super Easy Sweet & Sour Chicken! The recipe is below! Happy cooking!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!