Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 4 slices Smithfield Applewood Smoked Thick Cut Bacon; crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, mix butter with sugars.
- Stir in vanilla & sugar.
- Stir in vanilla & sugar.
- Stir in chocolate chips & bacon.
- Scoop out into 1-2 inch balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
The boys are out of school and we are excited to celebrate summer at our house. In partnership with Smithfield, who sponsored this post, we want to encourage you to celebrate more simple, yet memorable backyard moments with friends and family during this season to make it unforgettable. I am sharing 4 fun ways to create special memories with your family this summer right in your own backyard! For our family, this is what summer is all about so here are some simple ways we do that
1. MAKE AN OBSTACLE COURSE IN THE BACKYARD.This can include a few easy items you find around the house. Be creative. We make courses out of various toys & random items that are fun to climb over or through. My kids love to find creative ways to put them throughout our yard.
2. HAVE DESSERT UNDER THE STARS.This may be one of our favorite things to do in the summer months. We make dessert together, grab some chairs and head outside for some fun family time. We hang out until it’s dark and the stars come out and see what shapes we discover in the night sky. One of our favorite desserts are sundaes. A fun way to spice them up is by making one of my most popular recipes as a delicious topping. My Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies are amazing & they are so easy to throw together to create the perfect sundae. The most important ingredient is Smithfield Applewood Smoked Thick Cut Bacon. This adds a richness to the flavor and the sweet & salty combination is perfection. This is such a fun way to take your sundaes to another level. Everyone can personalize them with chocolate and/or caramel sauce, whatever ice cream they want, nuts, sprinkles, cherries, more bacon or whatever his or her heart desires. This is such a great starter to a wonderful night ahead. Smithfield Bacon is available in a wide variety of flavors and cuts, like Cherrywood, Thick Cut and the classic Hometown Original, Smithfield’s bacon is known for being smoked and cured to perfection.
3. BREAK OUT THE TELESCOPE.A few years ago my parents got my kids a telescope, and it’s been fun to pull it out during the warmer months. We spread out some blankets, gather around and take turns gazing into space. This is such a fun and easy way to make memories through the summer.
4. WATER NIGHT.One of the best things about summer is that it stays warmer & lighter out longer. Water activities always equal fun for my kids. So, we combine two of the best things about summer and have a ball. We break out the sprinklers, the mini pool, water balloons and have a great time. Smithfield wants to make it easy for you, your friends and family to enjoy the warm days with fun activities, tips and tricks, and delicious food, perfect for a day outside. I hope these tips and delicious recipe will encourage you to make some awesome memories with your family. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!