Homemade Maple Bacon Donuts
These donuts are the easiest thing to make and always come out perfect. They are the best combo of sweet & salty.
- 1 can pillsbury original biscuits or flaky layers
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 quart vegetable oil (frying)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Fry strips of bacon in a pan or bake in a 350 oven.
- Use a small cutter or spoon to cut a hole in the middle of the biscuits.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add 3-4 donuts at a time so they are not overcrowded. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly brown.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together brown sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Dip each donut into the maple icing and lay on a rack to cool for a few minutes.
- Crumble up bacon. Sprinkle on top of the donuts. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!