Easy Meat Lasagna Recipe
This super easy meat lasagna recipe is full of flavor and can be made on a weeknight. This is sure to please a crowd.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans italian diced tomatoes
- 1 jar high quality tomato sauce
- 1 small onion; diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzerella cheese
- 1 package lasagna noodles
- Bring pot of water to a boil.
- In a medium saucepan, combine beef, onion, garlic and seasonings.
- Add tomatoes and sauce. Let simmer 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, and parmesan.
- Arrange 4 noodles on bottom of the pan. Spoon cottage cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle cheese on top, top with meat sauce. Sprinkle more cheese and repeat.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
This is a very easy traditional lasagna meat recipe that is sure to please a crowd. I am always looking for easy ways to make delicious meals for my family. I love a good meat lasagna recipe, and was determined to make it as simple as possible without compromising some great flavors. I cook most weeknights, and as the weather cools down we love to enjoy some great comfort foods for dinner. I just don’t have the time to be in the kitchen for an hour to do so. Some of our family has lactose issues so I also make a fairly easy dairy-free version. I use Follow Your Heart cheeses, and Kite Hill ricotta for this version, and it is just as delicious. This recipe starts with a flavorful meat sauce, that you let simmer for 20 minutes. Picking out a high quality spaghetti sauce is the key to keeping this simple yet flavorful. Next, you can throw everything into the bowl for an easy ricotta mixture that you will use throughout the lasagna. Finally, you can start your layers. I typically keep it down to 2 just to make it easy and quick. I spoon a little sauce on the bottom of a baking pan. Top with noodles, ricotta mixture, cheese, meat mixture and more cheese. Just repeat. If you want to take this easy meat lasagna recipe to the next level, you can throw in some fresh herbs, make your sauce from scratch, and add more layers. Bake until bubbly and golden brown! Throw in a side salad or loaf of bread and it’s a feast.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!