Easy homemade chicken noodle soup
This is a super easy and amazing recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup that you can throw together quickly! You will never need another recipe.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup celery stalks sliced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 packet Goya powdered chicken bouillon
- 3 tsp parsley
- 3 cups egg noodles
- salt & pepper to taste
- Season chicken lightly with salt & pepper and dice.
- Add olive oil to pan and cook chicken thoroughly. Remove from pan.
- Add carrots, celery and onion to the pan and cook until tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, parsley, and the Goya packet to the pot. Simmer on low heat 20 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and boil 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
There is nothing better this time of year than some homemade chicken noodle soup. Making it from scratch is super easy and tastes way better than anything you would buy from the store. The major plus for me is that you know what the ingredients are that you are serving to your family. This soup is hearty, healthy and delicious. You can store it in your refrigerator for 5-7 days or freeze it for up to 6 months. You can throw this together quickly and it doesn’t need to cook all day long. Serve it with crackers, or some hot rolls and you have one amazing dinner! Enjoy! *I love using boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe because it cooks up very tender but you could also use chicken breasts in its place. For more comfort food recipes, check out my “Show stopping Macaroni & Cheese.”
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!