Super easy Korean Beef Bowl
This Korean Beef Bowl is perfect for a quick & easy dinner. This recipe is loaded with flavor and will be on your table in less than 20 minutes.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Whisk together brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and ginger.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Cook onion & garlic for 1 minute.
- Add beef and cook until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the sauce mixture and green onions and cook about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice. Garnish with green onions.
This Korean Beef Bowl is always a hit in our home, and I like to make it when we have guests over. It tastes like I labored in the kitchen for hours, but it’s actually super simple and incredibly delicious. Usually, I make it with ground beef. As a healthier alternative, I’ve been using ground turkey and it’s just as amazing! I’m a huge foodie. I love to cook a variety of meals that are just as good as dining at a 5 star restaurant. This recipe falls in that category for me. Serve it with white or brown rice. If you want to take this meal to another level, make it with coconut rice. Simply cook your rice in equal parts coconut milk and water. Enjoy!! For the perfect ending to this meal, try my “Famous Caramel Apple Pie.”
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!