As a mom, I am always looking for ways to give my family a healthy breakfast each day without standing over the stove all morning. To be honest, most of the time they just eat cereal. So you can imagine how excited they were about these breakfast burritos.
I am so excited to share with you a delicious and super easy breakfast burrito recipe that you can make once, and freeze for weeks on end. My family quickly grabs these in the morning, pops them in the microwave, and enjoys a nice hot, and filing meal that starts them off on the right foot.
I scramble up some eggs with salt & pepper, and cook them in a tablespoon of butter. Simply add in the sausage, and onions. Then I top it with some shredded cheese and I am all done. Some of my boys like it with salsa or nothing at all.
You can wrap these in foil alone, but I also wrap them in parchment paper to make sure they don’t get any type of freezer burn. Set up a little station, and they will be assembled in minutes.
Add a bag of frozen potatoes, peppers, and bacon to this recipe to take it to another level!
Some tips for folding the burritos:
- Put the ingredients on the tortilla in a line in the center.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling.
- Roll the burrito from the bottom up.
- Fold and let rest on the opening to keep it closed.
- Wrap the burrito in parchment paper.
- Wrap the burrito in aluminum foil.
To reheat these, just place them in the microwave on defrost for 2 minutes, and then microwave for 60 seconds until hot. Enjoy!!
Freezer Breakfast Burrito
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 dozen eggs; scrambled
- 8 oz sharp shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Add butter to a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Scramble eggs with salt & pepper (to taste)
- In another saucepan, add pork sausage and break up as it cooks. Add diced onions and cook together.
- Place all items in a bowl. Layer each tortilla with eggs, sausage/onions and cheese.
- Fold burrito with seam on the bottom. Wrap in parchment paper. Wrap in aluminum foil.