Easy Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
A super easy and delicious salsa verde chicken enchiladas recipe that you can make in a flash!
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts; shredded
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced pepper
- cilantro, sour cream toppings
- 2 jars Salsa Verde Sauce Trader Joe's*
- Place chicken in a Crockpot. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred it with 2 forks or a blender.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onions, and garlic. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add shredded chicken and a jar of Salsa Verde sauce. Mix in 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Top each tortilla with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle on more shredded cheese. Place in a greased baking pan.
- Top all tortillas with the second jar of Salsa Verde. Top with more cheese. Bake on 350 for 20-30 minutes until your cheese starts to brown. Enjoy!
These delicious Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas are incredibly easy to make and bursting with bold flavors. My family absolutely loves these enchiladas, and it took minimal effort on my part. Something that is a major priority to me during this time of homeschooling, working from home, and being spread pretty thin all around. To shred the chicken you can either boil it or throw it in the Crockpot seasoned with salt and pepper. I typically only do 4-6 hours so, it’s not over cooked. Take it out and shred. I love Trader Joe’s Verde Salsa. It tastes so fresh and really takes the dish to the next level. You can try other brands as well, or make it from scratch. I was trying to make this pretty quickly so this jar was a perfect fix. In a small saucepan, I saute onions, garlic and peppers in olive oil. Then I add in the shredded chicken along with 1 jar of the Salsa Verde, and some shredded cheese. Top each tortilla with this mixture and a little extra cheese. Roll them up and place in a baking pan. Top with another jar of Salsa Verde and more shredded cheese. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes on 350 and out comes perfection. Top with some fresh cilantro and sour cream! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!